Greek amateur athletes brought impressive results at the European Championships that are concluding in Munich on Sunday, as they struggled to qualify and to raise their rankings at the games that opened on August 11.
With outstanding Olympian and rings athlete Lefteris Petrounias still remaining to compete before the closing of the games, Greece garnered a total of five gold and four silver medals in men’s and women’s competitions.
The following Greek athletes achieved European championship levels so far:
– Antigoni Ntrismpioti: Gold in Women’s Race Walking 35km, gold in the same for 20km (first woman to get double medals in the sport at European Championships)
– Miltos Tentoglou: Gold in Men’s Long Jump
– Elena Tzengko: Gold in Women’s Javelin Throw
– Antonis Papakonstantinou: Gold in Lightweight Men’s Single Sculls
– Katerina Stefanidi: Silver in Women’s Pole Vault
– Stefanos Ntouskos: Silver in Men’s Single Sculls
– Zoi Fitsiou: Silver in Lightweight Women’s Single Sculls
– Evangelia Anastasiadou: Silver in Women’s Single Sculls