Paterson, N.J. – Nov. 5, 2014 – Kontos Foods, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of traditional Greek and Mediterranean foods, today announced that for the first time it will be exhibiting at the Food & Hotel China (FHC) 2014 show, an international exhibition of food and drinks. At the event, to be held Nov. 12-14 in Shanghai, Kontos will be showcasing several products, including its Fillo and Kataifi Doughs, over 15 varieties of flatbreads, All-Natural, French-Style Crepes, Classic Baklava and Nut Rolls.
“Consumers everywhere have become more receptive to learning about new varieties of ethnic foods, and the Asian continent is no exception. At this show we will be sharing great ideas about how to use Mediterranean-style Flatbreads and Fillo Dough for appetizers, seafood dishes and desserts,” said Steve Kontos, vice president and owner of Kontos Foods. “For example, we’ll be showing salmon wrapped in Fillo dough, shrimp and scallops wrapped in the crunchy golden strands of our Kataifi dough, and much more.”
Kontos, which last year attended the Asian Seafood Expo in Hong Kong, is expanding its Asian business to countries such as China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam. The company’s regional distributor is Simplot Korea, based in Seoul.
Some of the products Kontos will be exhibiting at Booth #7AC07 in the USA Pavillion, Hall E7, include:
- Kataifi Dough – Finely spun strands of dough that add a crunchy flair to Asian dishes, particularly shrimp, scallops, fish, and many desserts.
- Fillo Dough – Very thin dough, traditionally used to make Greek and Mediterranean appetizers and desserts such as Spanakopita and Baklava, can be used to wrap all types of fresh fish from salmon to swordfish, to make mouth-watering turnovers.
- Cocktail Flatbread – Approximately two inches in diameter, these special flatbreads are the perfect substitute for crackers in almost any appetizer. Top them with fresh seafood salad to make the perfect party treat.
- Greek Lifestyle Flatbread – A hand-stretched flatbread with more protein, fewer carbohydrates, sugar and calories than other flatbreads; ideal for sandwiches and appetizers.
- Pizza Parlor Crust – Tastes like pizzeria crust at its best and has Olive Oil baked right into the crust. Add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings for an individual pizza within 5 minutes.
- Tandoori Nan – Modeled after the classic nan baked by hanging the dough ball onto the walls of earthen tandoor ovens, this nan is a versatile oval flatbread.
- 9 and 11-Inch Traditional and Savory Crepes – These crepe’s delicate, contemporary flavor and texture complement a variety of fillings; also make a delicious low-cal substitute for a traditional wrap.
- Kontos Baklava – A delicious Mediterranean dessert tradition: chopped walnuts and almonds layered between flaky Fillo dough sheets, baked, then soaked in a sweet honey syrup.
- Kontos Nut Rolls – Chopped walnuts and almonds layered between flaky Kontos Fillo dough sheets, baked, then soaked in sweet honey syrup and drizzled with chocolate flavor coating.
“People around the world are hungry for new ideas of how they can incorporate foods from other cultures into their own menus. We are looking forward to sharing a wide array of exciting products such as Mediterranean fillo, European-style crepes and flatbreads, Indian nan and more with our Asian audience,” said Warren Stoll, marketing director of Kontos Foods.
FHC China includes over 1,800 companies from over 70 countries and regions. It is exclusively for imported products. Exhibitors are international suppliers selling to China, or international brands made in China. The show attracts almost 34,000 visitors each year.
Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including theKontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads.Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.