PHILOPTOCHOS HOSTS CHILDREN’S MEDICAL FUND LUNCHEON IN CHICAGO TO BENEFIT AREA HOSPITALS AND CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS
Chicago, IL- Under the High Patronage of His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Church in America and His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael of Chicago, the Metropolis of Chicago Philoptochos hosted the Seventeenth National Philoptochos Children’s Medical Fund Luncheon, “Let Us Rejoice and Embrace the Children,” on Saturday, November 16th at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile in Chicago, Il.
Established in 1989, the Children’s Medical Fund (CMF) has made a positive difference in the lives of children in the United States and throughout the world by donating close to $3 million to medical programs and facilities that offer care, treatment, innovative research and cures.
National Philoptochos President, Maria Logus and Metropolis of Chicago Philoptochos President and Luncheon Chair, Pamela Agyris disbursed nearly $300,000 and announce the following 2019 Children’s Medical Fund Grant recipients.
1. Anchored in Hope, Lake Forest, IL
2. Child’s Voice, Wood Date, IL
3. Elyssa’s Mission, Northbrook, IL
4. Hadley School for the Blind, Winnetka, IL
5. Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, Chicago, IL
6. Special Education District of Lake County (SEDOL) Foundation Gages Lake, IL
7. John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL
8. University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary (IEEI), Chicago, IL
9. Beacon Children’s Hospital, South Bend, IN
10. Mental Health America of Northwest Indiana, Hammond, IN
11. Unity Point Health, St. Luke’s Foundation, Sioux City, IA
12. Fairview Foundation, St. Paul, MN
13. Hennepin Health Foundation, Minneapolis, MN
14. Family Forward, Brentwood, Children’s Home, St. Louis, MO
15. University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia, MO
16. Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
17. Rogers Behavioral Health Foundation, Oconomowoc, WI
Highlighting the Luncheon as the keynote speaker is Fr. Mark Mun͂oz, Proistamenos at Holy Anargyroi SS. Cosmas & Damianos Church in Rochester, MN. A special honor will be presented to Anastasia Michals of Blessed Memory, Chair of the Sixteenth Children’s Medical Fund Luncheon. Serving as Emcee for the afternoon, Andrea Darlas, Senior Director for Constituent Engagement at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Photos Courtesy of Diane Alexander White