A Memorandum of Cooperation has been signed between the Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA) and the European Communication Institute (ECI). On behalf of ANA, the memorandum was signed by the President and General Director, Emilios Perdikaris, while signing on behalf of ECI was its head, Marios Nottas, an executive member of the Board.
The purpose of the Memorandum is the cooperation of the two entities and the joint exploitation of their potential, with the aim of academic, professional and research synergy between the two, based on a non-profit public benefit basis.
In the above framework of cooperation, the following are provided:
· Joint educational and research activities
· Development of innovative services
· Participation of the ANA’s executives in the ECI teaching programme
· Development of cooperative or autonomous educational programmes of ECI students in ANA
· Exchange of scientific knowledge and good practices between the two bodies
· Development of joint programmes and initiatives
· Training of ECI students in ANA structures
· Training of ANA executives on preferential terms at ECI
· Collaboration in the implementation of international conferences, events and initiatives consistent with the above objectives.
· Actions and initiatives that generally promote the common goals between the two bodies, as Public Benefit Providers.
Within the framework of the Memorandum of Cooperation, the ANA is assuming the role of ECI’s Media Partner.
The ECI is a collaboration of the following bodies: Research Center ‘Athina’ – Austrian university DUK – Laboratory of Media Communication and Technology, NTUA – Foundation for the Promotion of Journalism Athanasiou Botsis.