The measures that prohibited unvaccinated medical staff from working will be suspended as of January 1, 2023, in line with a ruling by the Council of State, Health Minister Thanos Plevris said in an interview with MEGA TV on Tuesday. “We have already reached a decision on how this ruling will be implemented, despite the fact that I consider it a risky decision for public health but, obviously, in democracies decisions are respected”.
Plevris explained that the Council of State ruling will be implemented but only after the necessary measures are taken to ensure a strict protocol that eliminates risk. “It will be implemented but on terms that protect public health,” he said.
Speaking of the “personal doctor” measure, Plevris said that “up to 4.7 million citizens have found personal doctors so far and one million appointments have been carried out. The institution needs time, we are in the first trimester since the implementation of the measure, we believe that with the new incentives that we will announce, we will attract more private doctors and consequently we will have full coverage of all specialists”.
He also announced that a ministerial decision will be issued on Tuesday that postpones penalties associated with the personal doctor measure, because these only served a purpose when there was full deployment of the measure.