Wednesday, April 24, 2024

      Subscribe Now!

 

spot_img
spot_img
GreeceBusinessAthens International Airport passenger traffic reaches record level in 2023, directors say

Athens International Airport passenger traffic reaches record level in 2023, directors say

Hellenic News of America
Hellenic News of Americahttps://www.hellenicnews.com
The copyrights for these articles are owned by HNA. They may not be redistributed without the permission of the owner. The opinions expressed by our authors do not necessarily reflect the opinions of HNA and its representatives.

Latest articles

The year 2023 was a record year for the Athens International Airport (AIA) in terms of passengers and registered a strong recovery in all economic indicators, its administration said on Wednesday.

The presentation of results was the first one after the company’s successful entry into the Athens Stock Exchange about a month ago.

Specifically, Airport CEO Ioannis Paraschis said the following:

– During 2023, AIA passenger traffic reached 28.17 million passengers – a new historic record, surpassing by 10.2% the 2019 (pre-coronavirus) levels and by 24% the levels of 2022, while the recovery levels of European airports compared to 2019 are still behind by an average 5 percentage points.

– An 85% of passengers in 2023 traveled for reasons of leisure, and the remainder 15% for business reasons. The leisure-related trips have proven the most resilient part of travel in relation to the professional trips, he noted.

Thanks for reading Hellenic News of America

– A 69% of passenger traffic at the AIA in 2023 related to travel to and from international destinations, and 31% to domestic ones.

– AIA served nearly 38% of all passenger traffic in Greece in 2023.

– In 2023, the Airport had direct regular flights from Athens to 156 destination cities in 57 countries, served by 66 airlines, while there were 18 new itineraries added in the year.

– Airplane traffic totaled 241,605 in 2023, up 13.2% from 2022 and up 7.1% from 2019.

In economic returns for 2023, AIA officials said that total revenues increased by 126.8 million euros (up 26.6%) to total 603.7 million in 2023, mainly attributed to a 24% increase in passenger traffic compared to 2022 and to dynamic growth of revenues from commercial activities.

Profits after taxes in 2023 were 231.5 million euros, 63.5 million up compared to the previous year, while the company proposed that a dividend be distributed to shareholders at 0.33 euros per share for 2023.

SOURCE; ANA-MPA

The copyrights for these articles are owned by the Hellenic News of America. They may not be redistributed without the permission of the owner. The opinions expressed by our authors do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Hellenic News of America and its representatives.

Get Access Now!

spot_img
spot_img