TONIGHT – 2nd Annual Hellenic Shipping Industry Panel Discussion on
Thursday, November 30, 2017 at the 3 West Club at 6 PM
Dear Friends and Colleagues –
Join us tonight, for the compelling and informative 2nd Annual Hellenic Shipping Industry Panel Discussion at the 3 West Club at 6 PM. This year again a stellar panel will discuss the Hellenic shipping industry (the largest in the world) its history, culture and current state. Our moderator for this highly anticipated discussion event will be Dr. Tasos Aslidis, CFO Euroseas Ltd. and our panelists will include among others:
Managing Director, Argo Marketing International
Senator Leonidas P. Raptakis
State Senator from Rhode Island
Andreas L. Theoharis
Vice President & Chartering Director
Southern Star Shipping Co. / Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd.
Dr. Kirsi Tikka
Executive Vice President, Global Marine
American Bureau of Shipping Inc.
In addition this year’s panel will expand on the topic EMBCA introduced last year on the important international significance of the history of the Hellenic Merchant Marine, its sacrifices during WW II, and the story of the American Liberty ships, a key component of restarting world trade after the war. It was the basis of the re establishment of the modern Hellenic owned fleet, one of the greatest modern entrepreneurship successes. We will formally also announce the formation of a Hellenic Shipping & Friendship Memorial Committee whose objective will be to help erect a monument in downtown Manhattan (working with the appropriate government agencies in identifying the space) that will have two purposes: 1. To commemorate the Hellenic Merchant Marine sailors and Hellenic fleets that were targeted by the Nazis during WW II (Hellenic ships carried most of the supplies for the Allied forces), and 2. To express gratitude to the United States for supporting the creation of the modern Hellenic Merchant Marine fleet thru the “Blessed” Liberty ships after the war. This help with Hellenic entrepreneurship in shipping has created what is now the largest merchant fleet in the world.
- Thursday, Nov. 30 – 2nd Annual Hellenic Shipping Industry Panel Discussion- 3 West Club at 6 PM
- Thursday, Jan. 18 – Cryptocurrency Panel Discussion- 3 West Club at 6 PM
- Thursday, Feb. 22 – Eastern Mediterranean Alternative Sustainable Energy and its Geopolitics Panel Discussion- 3 West Club at 6 PM
- Thursday, March 29 – The State of NYC Development, Desiign & Construction -2018 Spring Panel Discussion- Russian Tea Room at 6 PM
- Thursday, April 26 – Hellenic Rembetika/Harlem /Havana Blues Concert – St. Peter’s Church at 6 PM
- Tuesday, May 29 – May 29, 1453: The Fall of Constantinople and the Clash of Civilizations- 3 West Club at 6 PM