Philotimo Development Corporation and the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey will host a groundbreaking event for the St. Demetrios Housing for Active Adults
This architectural rendering reveals what the soon to be built Waterfront Complex, St. Demetrios Housing for Active Adults which will feature a 300-person multipurpose community center will look like once the major construction project is complete estimated in the fall of 2020.
Perth Amboy, New Jersey – Philotimo Development Corporation and the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey will host a groundbreaking ceremony for the Saint Demetrios Housing for Active Adults at 12 p.m. Saturday, November 2 at the St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church located 41 – 47 Wisteria Street, Perth Amboy, NJ 08861. The event is open to the public, though reservations are requested. Call 732-826-4466 to reserve a seat. Honored Guests include His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos, Assemblywoman Yvonne Lopez, Perth Amboy Mayor Wilda Diaz, City Council President William Petrick, representatives from Philotimo Development Corporation and St. Demetrios Boards.
The ceremony marks the building of a community to offer an Orthodox way of life including:
- Community participation by Orthodox and non-Orthodox Residents in the St. Demetrios church
- Opportunity to keep the 6 prayer hours in the 24-hour chapel open to residents’ day and night
- Provide an optional Orthodox meal plan in an Orthodox sanction kitchen for observation of fasting days throughout the year
- Access to on-site counseling by Orthodox Chaplain
- A fully integrated Orthodox Community with the fully restored St. Demetrios church across the Street.
Our goal is to be good stewards to the land and good neighbors to the community. The complex will:
- Incorporate green spaces allowing residents to enjoy the environment without artificial intrusion
- Invest in Modular Construction technology features in each condominium will be constructed to meet Energy Star certification and designed to be safer for decades
- Contain a kitchen, meeting rooms, a chapel dedicated to Panagia Gorgoepikoos, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors will have water views of the Raritan River, 1- and 2-bedroom condominiums located upon the picturesque and historic Raritan River will be offered for sale upon registration of the project with the NJ Department of Community Affairs.
Completion dates are estimated for the fall of 2020. These are luxury condominiums for adults 55+ designed by Kurt Ludwig Architect. Units within Saint Demetrios Housing for Active Adults will be offered for sale upon registration of the project with the NJ Department of Community Affairs. Non-binding reservations for units are now available. The sale of the units is managed by JJ Elek Realty Co. by contacting Robert J. Durso Broker Associate at (732) 634-9100 EXT. 2121 or [email protected] and RE/MAX Diamond by contacting Angela Sinnis, Associate at (732) 549- 9500 extension 357.
Saint Demetrios Housing for Active Adults is located in the vibrant urban community of Perth Amboy, NJ. The waterfront complex overlooks the Raritan River and includes a 300-person multi-purpose community center. The area includes diverse options for shopping, dining, historic attractions and other points of interest in Perth Amboy. The city hosts various community, seasonal and cultural events throughout the year. This Central New Jersey location is accessible to major roadways including the Garden State Parkway (4.5 miles), NJ Turnpike (4.6 miles) US Highway 9 (6.0 miles), and NJ 35 (2.1 miles), and public transportation including NJ Transit (1.0 mile).
All contributions to St. Demetrios Housing for Active Adults are tax-exempt pursuant to section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. St. Demetrios Housing for Active Adults complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The St. Demetrios Housing for Active Adults does not exclude people or treat them diﬀerently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex or gender orientation. Housing is available for both Orthodox and non-Orthodox residents in compliance with the Fair Housing Act.