“10th Annual Capital Link Greek Shipping Forum”
“Opportunities & Challenges”
Friday, Feb. 22, 2019
Athens Hilton Hotel, Athens
February 15th, 2019
The “10th Annual Capital Link Greek Shipping Forum” will be held in Athens on Friday, February 22nd, 2019, at the Hilton Athens Hotel, in cooperation with the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq. The Lead Sponsor is Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
Greek shipping remains important to the maritime economy, constituting approximately 20 percent of the world’s shipping fleet. In spite of the volatile markets and economic downturn, Greek shipping professionals have consistently adapted to changing conditions, seeking outgrowth and opportunity rather than yielding to their circumstances.
FORUM OVERVIEW & STRUCTURE
The event will focus on three main areas:
- The current trends and outlook of the global economy and the main commodity, energy and shipping markets.
- The critical challenges the industry faces today related to geopolitical and regulatory developments, IMO 2020 options & strategies, marine engines & fuels and the transformational impact of technology.
- As usual, Maritime Finance will be the core subject with focus on bank finance, capital markets, alternative funding mechanisms and private equity. There will be particular attention to Asian Leasing alternatives including Chinese, Korean and Japanese leasing options and panel of prominent Chinese Leasing firms.
With 1000+ participants every year, attendees can expect an informative networking forum connecting them to the shipping industry’s key players, including influential members in the financial community, such as commercial and investment banks. This one-day conference, known for its large attendance by shipowners, its rich informational content and the extensive marketing, networking and business development opportunities.
2019 CAPITAL LINK GREEK SHIPPING LEADERSHIP AWARD
In the context of the forum, Captain Paris Dragnis, Chairman & Founder – Goldenport Group, will receive the “Capital Link Greek Shipping Leadership Award”. We recognize Captain Paris Dragnis for his long-standing achievements and contribution to the shipping industry. He has built Goldenport into a large, diversified and highly respected shipping conglomerate with operations in Greece and abroad, thereby enhancing the reputation of Greece as a global industry leader. Mr. Simos Palios, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO – Diana Shipping Inc., will introduce Captain Paris Dragnis, Chairman & Founder – Goldenport Group.
LUNCH KEYNOTE SPEAKER:
Dr. Grahaeme Henderson, Vice President, Shipping & Maritime – Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Limited, will deliver the KEYNOTE SPEECH: “How Shipping Can Thrive: Today, Tomorrow and in the Future”.
INTRODUCTORY REMARKS BY:
Dr. Nikolas P. Tsakos, Founder, President and CEO – Tsakos Energy Navigation (TEN) and Former Chairman – INTERTANKO
PANEL & PRESENTATION TOPICS
- UPCOMING REGULATIONS
- Navigating the New World of Marine Fuels – 2020 and Beyond
- 2020: Is the Industry Prepared for this Game Changer?
A discussion among leading regulators and industry participants on the options and strategies to comply with the major environmental regulations in effect as of 2020 on Ballast Water Treatment and Low Sulfur Cap.
- Are you securely riding the digitalization wave in the Shipping Industry
- 2020 A new Era for Technology in Shipping
- THE ROLE OF CHINA & ASIA
- Update on One Belt One Road
- Technological and Regulatory Challenges — A Class and Stakeholder’s Perspective
- IMO Compliance & Chinese Port Inspections
- Leasing Panorama – Leasing Options in Asia
- Shipping Finance Development of Leading Chinese Leasing Companies
- Chinese Leasing Panel
- Bank Finance
- Alternative Financing
- New Sources of Financing
- An Update on US Capital Markets
- Capital Markets
- Growth and M&A
To register please visit the following link:
- Mr. Paulo Almeida, Portfolio Manager – Tufton Oceanic Ltd.
- Mr. Morten Arntzen, Senior Shipping Industry Advisor – Macquarie Bank
- Mr. Steve Bee, Group Commercial & Business Development Director – VPS (Veritas Petroleum Services)
- Mr. Christoforos Bisbikos, Partner – Watson Farley & Williams
- Mr. Frans van de Bospoort, Managing Director and Global Head of Shipping – DVB Bank
- Mrs. Armelle Breneol, Marine Fuels Technical Advisor for Europe – ExxonMobil
- Mr. George Cambanis, Managing Director – YieldStreet Marine Finance
- Mr. Spyros Capralos, Chairman of the Board of Directors – Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Mr. Greg Chase, Partner – Reed Smith LLP
- Mr. Jasel Chauhan, Partner, Head of International Finance – Hill Dickinson International
- Mr. Cruise Chi, Managing Director – Bocomm Shipping Leasing (Europe) GmbH
- Mr. Andreas Chrysostomou, Chief Strategy Officer – Tototheo Maritime Ltd
- Dr. Christos Chryssakis, Business Development Manager – DNV GL
- Mr. Evan Cohen, Managing Director and Group Head of Maritime Finance Business – CIT
- Mr. Stephen Cooper, CEO – Fourth Insurance Office
- Mr. Nick Daskalakis, Director – Smarine Advisors Limited
- Captain Paris Dragnis, Chairman & Founder – Goldenport Group
- Mr. Svein Engh, Senior Managing Director, Portfolio Manager – EnTrustPermal
- Mr. George Giannakis, Head of Real Assets – StormHarbour Securities
- Mr. Wiley Griffiths, Head of Global Shipping – Morgan Stanley
- Mr. Bill Guo, Executive Director, Shipping – ICBC Financial Leasing
- Dr. Grahaeme Henderson, Vice President, Shipping & Maritime – Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Limited
- Mr. Herman Hildan, Managing Director – Investment Banking Shipping – Clarksons Platou Securities AS
- Mr. Edward Horton, Partner – Seward & Kissel
- Mrs. Dorothea Ioannou, Chief Commercial Officer – The American P&I Club
- Mr. John F. Imhof Jr., Shareholder – VedderPrice
- Mr. Jerry Kalogiratos, CEO & Director – Capital Product Partners L.P.
- Mr. Frederick J. Kenney, Director of Legal and External Affairs – International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Mrs. Danai Kotsia, Business Manager & Director Transportation, Global Transportation & Logistics – ABN AMRO Bank
- Mr. Vassilis Maroulis, Managing Director, Head, Central Eastern Europe Middle East & Africa – Citi
- Mr. Douglas Mavrinac, Managing Director – Jefferies LLC
- Mr. Mark McCarthy, Managing Director – Ascension Finance
- Mr. Gregory Nakos, Associate Partner – EY Advisory, Data & Analytics COE
- Mr. Hamish Norton, President – Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Mr. Mark O’Neil, President – Columbia Shipmanagement
- Mr. Simos Palios, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO – Diana Shipping Inc.
- Dr. Michalis Pantazopoulos, Managing Director, Liberian Registry – LISCR (Hellas) Ltd.
- Mr. Tony Rice, Partner – HFW
- Mr. Elias Sakellis, Director – Australis Maritime Limited
- Ms. Isabella Schidrich, Senior Managing Director – NASDAQ
- Mr. Suresh Sinha, Managing Director – Indian Register of Shipping
- Mr. Diomidis Stamoulis, Senior Manager Strategic Planning of Industrial Activities & Participations – Hellenic Petroleum SA
- Dr. Nikolas P. Tsakos, Founder, President and CEO – Tsakos Energy Navigation (TEN) and Former Chairman – INTERTANKO
- Mr. Iraklis Tsirigotis, Head of Shipping – Amsterdam Trade Bank
- Ms. Christa Volpicelli, Managing Director – Citi
- Mr. Channing Wang, Senior Customer Manager of Shipping Finance Department – Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- Mr. Markus Wenker, Head of Ship Finance – Hellenic Bank
- Mr. Benjamin Wong, Head of Transport & Industrial Sectors – InvestHK
- Mr. Fang Xiuzhi, Head of Shipping Finance – Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Jack Xu, Deputy Head of Shipping Finance Department – CMB Financial Leasing
- Mr. Vincent Xu, Partner – Stephenson Harwood
- Mr. George Youroukos, Executive Chairman – Global Ship Lease
- Mr. Tobias Zehnter, Global Head of Maritime Industries– NORD/LB
- Mr. Terence Zhao, President – Singhai Marine Services
THE FORUM IS ORGANISED:
IN COOPERATION WITH: NASDAQ • New York Stock Exchange
LEAD SPONSOR: Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co. Ltd.
GLOBAL LEAD SPONSOR: TSAKOS ENERGY NAVIGATION LTD
GLOBAL GOLD SPONSORS: Columbia Shipmanagement • DNV GL • EY • Tototheo Maritime Ltd
AWARD RECIPIENT: Goldenport Group
GLOBAL SPONSORS: The American Club • Citi • CMB Financial Leasing • DVB Bank • Fearnley Securities • ICBC Leasing • Invest HK • Jefferies • Nord LB • Reed Smith • Seward & Kissel LLP • Watson Farley & Williams • YieldStreet
EVENT SPONSORS: ABN Amro Bank • Amsterdam Trade Bank • Ascension Finance • Australis Maritime • CIT • Clarksons Platou Securities • Entrust Permal • Fourth Insurance Office Inc. • Hellenic Bank • Hill Dickinson • Holman Fenwick and Willan • Indian Register of Shipping • Liberian Registry-LISCR (Hellas) Ltd. • Macquarie • Morgan Stanley • RMK Maritime • Smarine • Stephenson Harwood • Storm Harbour • Tufton Oceanic • Vedder Price
SUPPORTING SPONSORS: Bermuda Shipping and Maritime Authority • Flott & Co PC Attorneys • The Marshall Islands Registry • Singhai Marine Services • UK Ship Register
SPEAKERS DINNER SPONSOR: Capital Product Partners L.P.
BREAKFAST SPONSOR: Wrightlinks Logistics Services Limited
LANYARDS SPONSOR: Palau International Ship Registry
BAGS SPONSOR: Runtong – RMS Group
COFFEE SPONSORS: Illy Iperespresso – Machine & Capsule • PAPADOPOULOS
MUSIC BY: Menelaos Kanakis
SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS: Association of Banking and Financial Executives of Hellenic Shipping • British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce • BCA College • CASS Business School • EENMA (Hellenic Shortsea Shipowners Association) • Greek Energy Forum • Greek Shipping Co-operation Committee • Hellenic Chamber of Shipping • Hellenic Committee of Lloyd’s Brokers’ Associates • Hellenic Maritime Law Association (HMLA) • Hellenic Association of Ship Suppliers & Exporters • Hellenic Shipbrokers Association • Hellenic Society of Maritime Lawyers • HELMEPA • Intermanager • INTERMEPA • ICC Hellas – International Chamber of Commerce • PEPEN (Panhellenic Union of Captains – All Classes) • Piraeus Association For Maritime Arbitration • Piraeus Marine Club • Port Captains Club • The International Propeller Club • Wista Hellas • Wista International
MEDIA PARTNERS: All About Shipping • ANT1 • Economia • Efoplistis Shipping Magazine • www.efoplistesnews.gr • Elnavi • Greek Reporter • KATHIMERINI • www.maritimes.gr • MC Media • Naftika Chronika • NafsGreen.gr • ReadPoint.gr • Ship2shore • Shipping & Finance • Shipping International Monthly Review • Tradewinds • WorldOils • XD – Xinde Marine News
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
NEW YORK // Mrs. Olga Bornozi & Mrs. Eleni Bej & Mrs. Anny Zhu
ATHENS // Mrs. Eleni Lykidi & Mrs. Athena Kosmadaki
Founded in 1995, Capital Link is a New York based investor relations, financial communications and advisory firm with a strategic focus on the maritime, commodities and energy sectors, MLPs, as well as Closed-End Funds and ETFs. Based in New York City, Capital Link has presence in London, Athens & Oslo. Capital Link is a member of the Baltic Exchange and works very closely with the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and the London Stock Exchange as well as with major international and supranational organizations and industry associations in the areas of the firm’s strategic concentration.
Our proactive approach, which integrates Investor Relations, Information Technology and Media, enhances awareness and branding for our clients through tailored outreach programs targeting analysts, institutional and individual investors and the financial media complemented by extensive and uniquely powerful marketing platforms. Capital Link offers a full suite of services including strategic and corporate advisory, investor relations, media relations, public and industry relations and
the organization of corporate events. Capital Link is also known for the organization of large scale, high quality Investment Forums focusing on maritime transportation and U.S. investment products in key industry centers, such as New York, London, Athens, Limassol, Shanghai, Singapore and as of this year in Tokyo. We organize twelve to fourteen conferences annually, of which seven are focused on the maritime sector. The Capital Link Investment Forums feature industry leaders and draw the elite of the global financial and investment communities. The Capital Link brand is widely-recognized and valued worldwide by participants in these communities for combining rich informational and educational content with as well as superior networking opportunities. In addition to conferences, Capital Link organizes Webinars focusing on investment strategies, sectors, critical topics of interest to the investment community and company presentations. Capital Link’s global marketing platform enhances the visibility and reach of these events on a global scale that lasts well beyond the date on which each event is held, becoming a continuous reference point for market participants.
Capital Link’s efforts have been recognized by the 2011 Lloyds’s List Greek Shipping Awards, in 2012 and 2013 by the InterContinental Finance Magazine and in 2016 by the Wealth & Finance Magazine, Also, by the International Propeller Club of the United States and AHI-American Hellenic Institute.