The 2014-2022 Rural Development Programme, which can be used by Greek producers, includes digitization actions amounting to 1.5 billion euros.
The actions concern:
– The improvement plans for investments in smart agriculture
– Training and agricultural advice to familiarize producers with new digital technologies
– Broadband to cover rural areas with internet services
– Cooperation and the promotion of innovation
– The Leader local development programmes
In total, about 1.5 billion euros are allocated to the above programmes (about 20% of the total of 7.6 billion euros for the 2014-2022 rural development programme).
The digital transformation of the primary sector is a “bet” for the Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food, as through the use of new technologies the aim is to ensure production, increase the products and also enhance the quality of production.
“The transformation of the agricultural sector is taking place. The introduction of new technologies in agricultural production is a factor that ensures the development of the sector and strengthens its contribution to the economic course of the country for a better future,” the Minister of Agricultural Development and Food, Giorgos Georgantas, said in a statement to the Athens-Macedonian News Agency.