The Leadership 100 Executive Committee, meeting virtually on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, approved $6,182,500 in new grants and prior year commitments. New grants approved totaled $1,887,100 and prior year grant commitments totaled $4,295,400. In addition, the Executive Committee unanimously approved a grant of $100,000 to initiate the celebrations of the 200th Anniversary of the Greek Revolution. This brings the total of grants distributed since the inception of Leadership 100 to more than $65 million, according to Argyris Vassiliou, Chairman.
The Chairman added: “We commend the thorough work of the Grant Committee, chaired by Justin Bozonelis. The Executive Committee approved all the new grants recommended by the Grant Committee.”
- The Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries – $470,000 over two years for “Effective Christian Ministry” Training.
- The Department of Communications – $419,000 for GOARCH Content Creation.
- Clergy Leadership Development – $200,000 over two years to provide advanced training for select clergy.
- The Department of Greek Education – $170,000 for the Virtual Activities for Promoting Greek Heritage to Greek Orthodox Communities.
- The St. Paul’s Autism Research and Training Academy (SPARTA) – $160,000 over two years – Providing behavioral intervention to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- The Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations- $120,000 over two years for the Outreach Program to African Americans.
- Ministry of Arts and Culture Initiative – $80,000 for the Festival of Festivals.
- The Department of Stewardship, Outreach and Evangelism – $74,100 for the Home Mission Parish Program.
- Archdiocesan School of Byzantine Music – $60,000 for the Pilot Year Initiative.
- The Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations – $45,000 over two years for the translation and publication of the book, “Dialogues avec le Patriarch Athénagoras”.
- The Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries – $40,000 for the Barna Youth & Young Adult Ministry Survey.
- The Chancellor’s Office – $25,000 for the Digitization Initiative of a database of Clergy files.
- The Department of Stewardship, Outreach & Evangelism $24,000 for the Small Parish Stewardship Survival program.
PRIOR YEAR GRANTS FOR 2021
- St. Nicholas National Shrine and Church – $2,500,000.
- Hellenic College/Holy Cross Scholarship Program – $1,000,000,
- Archdiocese Clergy Pension – $1,000,000, The first $250,000 payment was made in January 2021.
- The Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries- $270,000 for Metropolis Camping Ministries.
- The Small Parish Program – $75,000 for year-three funding of the $330,000 three-year grant.
- The Project Mexico and St. Innocent Orphanage – $65,000 for the Project Mexico Harvest 100 to support volunteers and interns to build new homes.
- The Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco – $50,000 for the 2021 Young Adult League Conference.
- The Orthodox Christian Studies Center at Fordham University $50,000 for year-three of the $250,000 five-year grant for Affirming an Orthodox Christian Theology of Human Rights.
- The Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries – $30,000 for year two of the $90,000 Youth Safety Education three-year grant.